Dr. Mark
Dr. Mark, Neurologist (MD)
Experience:  Neurosurgeon - Brain, spine, and peripheral nerve surgery
206912

Tomorrow I will be 11 weeks postpartum. past week I've

Customer Question

Tomorrow I will be 11 weeks postpartum. For the past week I've had a "spacy" dizziness-like feeling. Yesterday and today I've had worsening dizziness and nausea. Especially in the car - even when I'm the one driving. It feels like when I come to a stop sign or a red light, it feels like the car is still moving. It also happened yesterday in the booth at a restaurant when my 3 year old was jumping up and down and I was sitting still - I got dizzy and nauseous. It also happened this morning when I was sitting on the bed, playing with my newborn and my 5 year old came over and started jumping on the bed. I'm terrified this is a brain tumor.
I can stand with my eyes closed, feet together, hands at my side for over two minutes. I can also walk in a straight line, one foot in front of the other. I can touch my fingers to my nose, stand on one foot (either side), ect. No numbness/tingling. Speech is fine. Strength is fine on both sides, as far as I can tell. I've never fallen, I just feel dizzy, nauseous, and kind of "spacy". What is the likelihood this is a brain tumor?
I do have anxiety/OCD revolving around my health (as you can see), and my GP prescribed zoloft, which I haven't started taking yet. My only previously diagnosed conditions besides the anxiety/OCD is hypothyroidism. I just had it checked and my doctor said I needed to decrease my doseage of levothyroxine from 50mcg/daily to 25mcg/daily, which I began doing Saturday morning.
Please provide me with some reassurance as to what this could be. I'm pretty scared.
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 7 months ago.
Thank you for your question.What is your blood pressure like?Please let me know.Regards