Dr. Bob
Dr. Bob, Neurologist (MD)
Experience:  Neurology & Int Medicine (US Trained): 20 yrs experience
61817858

The crowding of the spinal canal is of concern. What is the

Customer Question

The crowding of the spinal canal is of concern. What is the protocol to address in your opinion, the discs bulging the bone spurs or where the narrowing is?
#1 the narrowing is or isn't Stenosis
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr. Bob replied 7 months ago.
Narrowing can lead to stenosis, especially when progressive over time. However, when the narrowing become stenosis is not clearly defined and is a judgment call on the part of your doctors. Certainly, if there is evidence of spinal cord damage or nerve damage, this would strongly support the diagnosis of stenosis. One thing you could ask your doctors about in this regard is nerve conduction testing (EMG/NCV). These are related tests that are done together to look for evidence of nerve damage (usually in the arms and legs). This could be very helpful.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Dr Bob thank you very much
Expert:  Dr. Bob replied 7 months ago.
You're welcome. Glad to help.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Thank you so much For your time.
I appreciate you allowing g me to communicate this way. I have cognitive delays and reading, I do think miss anything. You've been helpful to me, I so appreciate it.
Expert:  Dr. Bob replied 7 months ago.
You're very welcome...and I admire your intellectual curiosity and determination to make sense of what can be very confusing even under the best of circumstances.
Expert:  Dr. Bob replied 7 months ago.
Hi there. How are you doing today? Let me know if there is anything else I can do for you.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Hi I have many questions,about my MRI and how to get to the suitable doctor for each area of my spine,I have a cervical ,thorasaic and lumbar
Yet first..I have a tremendous amount of pain in the Thorasaic area.In that area all that came through was osteoarthritis. I found after the MRI I had a earring in.
#1 Couldn that haven thrown the MRI off?
I have cervical stenosis ,kyphosis and bulging discs,etc.In MY lumbar there is some stenosis lordosis bulgingn discs ,etc
#2 To what degree could those other area cause the Thoraisic pain
Expert:  Dr. Bob replied 7 months ago.
Bulging discs and stenosis are pretty common in the neck and low back where the vertebral bodies lack ribs to stabilize them. They are less likely in the T spine, but arthritis can occur here, especially in the joints, and lead to pain and stiffness. As for the earring, if it had created significant artifact, the radiologist would have mentioned it in the report.