Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery, 5 years experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

I have several issues in my spine. I'm reading my MRI this

Customer Question

Hi I have several issues in my spine. I'm reading my MRI this is just the cervical in part of the pression it says multi level facet and uncoverebral degenerative changes?
JA: The Doctor will need to help you with this. Please give me a bit more information, so the Doctor can help you best.
Customer: What type of information
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should be aware of?
Customer: Yes
JA: What else should I tell the Doctor?
Customer: I will put the findings down OK?
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 10 months ago.
Hi and welcome.Facet degenerative disease usually causes pressure on cervical nerves and faccet joints causing pain around neck shoulder and upper arms. It can also result in loss of sensations around these areas. I would suggest you to visit a pain physician for thorough physical examination and he might offer you steroid shot in and around faccet joints it would relieve edema and pressure on nerves and would relieve your symptoms.
Let me know if you have further questions.Please do leave a positive rating for the service by clicking on the stars on top of the screen.Regards.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Dr Uzair Thank you. I was hoping g to understand just what does uncovertebral degenerative,mean?
Take Care
Donna Lobb
Thanks for reply.Uncovertebral is a type of joint between two adjacent vertebrae. These are small synovial joints formed secondarily between the lateral lips of the superior surfaces of the bodies of the lower cervical vertebrae and the inferior surface of the superior vertebral body. so uncovertebral degeneration is progressive loss of function of these joints. I hope this helps.Please do leave a positive rating for the service by clicking on the stars on top of the screen.Regards.