Dr Stan
Dr Stan, Doctor
Experience:  Physician at Stanley L Simpson, DO
93248684

I have a issue that I almost everyday wake up with pain in

Customer Question

I have a issue that I almost everyday wake up with pain in my whole body. I am a 30 year old male. I have gotten bloodwork done several times and everything seems to be fine. I have taken many different herbs and natural remedies and things did not change. This happens weather I exercised or not recently.
I do not breath from my nose much. I wonder if that is the reason for my muscle pain,
I have used those nasal strips while sleeping. They do make me breath properly. However after a couple of nights using it I found that I did not wake up betterI also very bad mamory and bad concentration skills
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr Stan replied 7 months ago.
Hi This is Dr Stan and I will try to help you today. Do you have any allergies or have you broken your nose in the past? Do you now or have you smoked in the past? Do you know if you snore? The answers to my questions will help me to help you further. Please respond.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Hi doctor. The only allergy I think I have is to the polen of flowers at the beginning of Spring when my eyes get itchy. Other than that I do not think so.
I do not smoke. I haven't broken my nose. I have had a plastic surgery done. Cosmetics. On my nose. But I think I already suffered from it before. I don't think I snore much. But I think I have muscle spams when I sleep
Expert:  Dr Stan replied 7 months ago.
Thank you for your response. From what you describe you should be evaluated for sleep apnea which can cause the symptoms you describe. If you do have sleep apnea treatment is available in the form of using a C-PAP unit at night to help increase the oxygen to your body and brain. You can see a General Internist or a Pulmonologist who can order the tests for you. I hope this is helpful and you get relief quickly.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** is the name of the test the doctor would order? And the nasal strips wouldn't work instead of the c pap unit?
Expert:  Dr Stan replied 7 months ago.
The test is a sleep study. You go to a center that performs the test, stay there over night while your sleep/oxygen patterns are being monitored. Unfortunately the nasal strips will not help with sleep apnea.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Thank you for your help, sir!
Just one more thing before i rate you excellent for your assistance
1- I will search for an affordable sleep test. It will take me a couple of weeks. I do not have much money now. However I would like to give those devices you mentioned a try before. If it does not work I can return it. It wont do me any harm right?
*Which c pap device should I try? and how should I use it?
Expert:  Dr Stan replied 7 months ago.
C-PAP units are only available by prescription. There are several different types, which one will be prescribed depends on the outcome of the sleep study.