DrThomasMd
DrThomasMd, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Internal medicine doctor, diagnose and treat neurology patients, many years
24257177

I fell and had the ball replaced in my hip 5 months ago, everything

Customer Question

I fell and had the ball replaced in my hip 5 months ago, everything was great until about 5 weeks ago and I have been having a lot of pain in the area, and it hurts to step on that leg. I have been in therapy for about 3 weeks, but doesn't seem to be helping much. Is there anything else I can do to help the pain I do my excersices faithful at home I need help.
Category: Neurology
Expert:  khagihara replied 7 months ago.
Something happens in the area such as dislocation, inflammation, infection, and so forth. You should see your surgeon to have the hip evaluated with imaging studies.
Expert:  DrThomasMd replied 7 months ago.
HelloUp to 12 weeks of therapy is often needed.You are only at week 3.Tylenol is not enough to handle the pain, even that caused by therapy.Voltaren gel can be used for localized pain, and is not highly absorbed into the system.Temporary use of medications like vicodin is OK during therapy.There are electronic therapies, and TENS units can be helpful.See an MD specialist in physical medicine and rehabilitation.They can handle medication, imaging, and different types of therapy.I am a double board certified US doctor.Find me as needed. I am here daily. OK, so you might have more questions or want to give me more information: Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.