Dr. Frank
Dr. Frank, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Board certified general Adult Neurologist, with experience in experimental neuroimaging and neurodiagnostics.

I have pain in my right leg, hip and sometimes foot when I

Customer Question

I have pain in my right leg, hip and sometimes foot when I stand for a few minutes, only when I stand. I feel no such pain when I sit.
Category: Neurology
Expert:  dr abid replied 6 months ago.
Hi there ...Thank you for the question ...This could be pinched nerve , it would be ideal for you to have MRI Lumbosacral spine to see what is going wrong .Treatment depends on exact diagnosis , MRI Will help to see what is wrong and what to do.Pain killers will temporarily relief pain .So please get it done .Regards ***** ***** luck .Please rate my answer as good service .Thanks .
Expert:  Dr. Frank replied 6 months ago.
Hello. Welcome to JA. I am an Adult Neurologist and will answer your question. I disagree with the other expert. You have nociceptive pain, not neuropathic pain. That means that the pain is increased with weight bearing (standing) and not with sitting down. Disc disease of the lumbar spine causes increased pain with sitting. You could have facet joint problems, or You could have hip, sacroiliac joint or lower back arthritis, so you need a neurologist to do an examination on you to determine the actual cause before you get a scan. Please get back to me with questions and I will reply. If satisfied with this answer please remember to rate this service by clicking on the rating stars, as that is how I am compensated for this work thanks *****