Dr. Frank
Dr. Frank, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Board certified general Adult Neurologist, with experience in experimental neuroimaging and neurodiagnostics.

Seems like I have vertigo but also vibration on back of head

Customer Question

Seems like I have vertigo but also vibration on back of head once in awhile
JA: OK. The Neurologist will need to help you with this. Please give me a bit more information, so the Neurologist can help you best.
Customer: Working out yesterday , the room started spinning. After awhile did Epley maneuver and it helped a bit. Still a little dizzy but better as long as no sudden moved. Also back of head feel vibration sometimes
JA: Is there anything else the Neurologist should be aware of?
Customer: A bit nautious after spinning sensation
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Neurologist about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 6 months ago.
Hi there,This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist. I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.Spinning sensation is consistent with benign positional vertigo.However acute labyrinthitis is also possble.Viral infection can cause inflammation of the inner ear and sudden onset of symptoms.Over the counter meclizine should be helpful with vertigo associated symptoms.May take about a week to subside.If worsens, please see your doctor to rule out stroke.Best wishes,It was my pleasure to help you today.If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable and authentic answers!This is the link to my profile:
Expert:  Dr. Frank replied 6 months ago.
Hello. Welcome to JA. I am an adult neurologist and will answer your question. Have you had an evaluation for this problem? Audiometry, Vestibular testing (ENG, optokinetic nystagmus, rotational testing?) BAER's (brainstem auditory evoked potentials), Thin cut CT imaging through the petrous part of the temporal bone to exclude superior semicircular canal dehiscence? Do you have auditory symptoms as well? This vibratory response may suggest that diagnosis, and the fact that you responded to the Epley maneuver. I am in disagreement with the internal medicine doctor, if this is a stroke, you would never want to wait a week. But it is unlikely to be a central form of vertigo without other symptoms. How old are you? Other medical problems? (hypertension, high cholesterol, diabetes...) Please get back to me to discuss this further and I will reply. Dr Frank