Dr Chaithanya
Dr Chaithanya, General Physician, Medical Researcher, All medical and health questions answered.
Experience:  General Physician, Family medicine, Internal medicine, all age groups.

How to relieve breathing problems with gravis myathenia

Customer Question

Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr Chaithanya replied 6 months ago.
Hello,I'm Dr Chaithanya, experienced Physician attending you.Myaesthenia gravis is a autoimmune disorder where auto antibodies are targetted to the patient's own immune system.Here the muscle cells cannot take the signals from the nerve cells. So, there is weakness of voluntary muscles [heart muscle and digestive tract are not affected]Breathing difficulty is because of chest wall muscle weaknessThere is no cure for Myaeathenia, but treatment can help in decreasing the symptoms and remissions. Breathing problems are reduced automatically when you take treatment.The drugs given are Neostigmine, Pyridostigmine..which can improve muscle-nerve transmission, and stroids and few immunosuppressants that can block antibodies. Taking rest, avoiding stress and avoiding heat can improve the condition. Please feel free to ask if any further questions. If done for now, please leave a positive rating [Request to click on the 5th star] above the chat box [top right corner of the page], so I can get credit for helping you today. We only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback. You can always reach me with "For Dr. Chaithanya only" in the medical or health categories. Below link is the fastest way to reach me, A little bonus from your side is welcome and highly appreciated!Thanks for using
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Does breathing problems increase with age
NO breathing problems are not related to age,It is related to progression of disease.If disease progression is haulted by taking drugs, the breathing problems doesn't occur.If breathing issues are still present, even if you are taking medications, it means that you need dose increase or a an addition of one more drug.Hope this helped.Request to leave a positive rating.Any bonus appreciated.
Do not forget to leave a positive rating, only then I'm compensated for the answer. Any bonus appreciated. Thanks.