Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery, 5 years experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

I just had an MRI with contrast and have moderate subclavian

Customer Question

I just had an MRI with contrast and have moderate subclavian vein compression with hyperabduction of my right arm. My right hand has been killing me!! especially my little finger. I think I've had two blood clots in the past..one in my right hand and the other I felt in my back. Is this serious? My doctor has had the results from the MRI for two weeks...I'm assuming it isn't serious or is it?
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 7 months ago.
Hi and thanks for the query.Subclavian vein compression is always serious as it is great vessel and its compression leads to clot formation that can have serious consequences. So i would suggest you to followup with your doctor as soon as possible or go to urgent care as you are symptomatic and have pain in little finger so that problem can be addressed timely.Let me know if you have further questions.Please do not forget to leave a positive rating by clicking on stars on top right corner.Wish you good health.
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 7 months ago.
Let me know if you have further questions.Please do not forget to leave a positive rating by clicking on stars on top right corner.Wish you good health.