Dr. Frank
Dr. Frank, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Board certified general Adult Neurologist, with experience in experimental neuroimaging and neurodiagnostics.

Ros here, I have small disc bulge at3/4 effacing anterior

Customer Question

Hi Ros here, I have small disc bulge at3/4 effacing anterior CSF space? Central intervertebral dis protrusion at C4/5 is abutting the cord,. Larger disc protrusion at 5/6 is impinging the cord, small central disc bulge at 6/7 is impinging the anterior CSF space, acquired central canal stenosis at C4/5 and C5/6
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I had a heart attack 2 yrs 10 months ago and suffered with pressure in my head ever since, the more I move about the worse it gets and also makes my eye feel starrey
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Neurologists generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr. Frank replied 6 months ago.
Hello. Welcome to JA. Have you seen a Neurologist about this? Do you have any changes within the spinal cord itself? (If you have the entire MRI report, please upload it minus your name, as this is a public forum). Your neurological exam is important in determining a treatment approach. One issue is looking for "long track" signs, or spasticity in your lower extremities and hyper-reflexia which would suggest there is a pressure effect upon the spinal cord. If that is present, you may need surgery, either an ACDF (anterior cervical discectomy and fusion) or a posterior laminectomy/fusion if there is multiple discs that cannot be approached from the anterior. You would obviously have to pass a medical screening prior to surgery, which would include a cardiac evaluation. Please get back to me to discuss this further and I will reply.