Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC
48069651

I was just sleeping got woke up from a jolt shake like felt

Customer Question

I was just sleeping got woke up from a jolt shake like felt like to my head. I lifted my head and the room was spinning very fast. I'm very nervous right now and I'm afraid to go back to sleep. Is this something to be worried about
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr. Rick, MD replied 7 months ago.
Hi. My name is***** and I am online and available to help you today. Thank you for your patience.Question and answer is just one of the services I offer. I can also provide you with premium services, such as live telephone or skype consultation, at a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested.Has this ever happened before?Do you have any other symptomsHi. My name is***** and I am online and available to help you today. Thank you for your patience.Question and answer is just one of the services I offer. I can also provide you with premium services, such as live telephone or skype consultation, at a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested. Do you have any other medical problems or take any medications?This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.Do you have any other medical problems or take any medications?This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
No this has not happened before I'm not on medications just vitamins. I did get a little sleep but do have a little headache this morning.
Thank you for that additional information.In the vast majority of cases one event like this is nothing to worry about.That being said, it never hurts to see your primary care MD for a quick checkup just to be 110% sure.From what you have posted, I do not believe a trip to the ER is necessary at this point.Does this make sense to you? It's safe for you to press the positive feedback button now if you so desire. And, never fear, even after you press that button I'll still be right here to continue helping you, but, as I do work for tips, I want to make sure you are happy before rating me. Dr. Rick MD FACS
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
So you don't believe this is something major to worry about. I had many things going threw my mind for a tumor to blood clot. I never been so dizzy that my room was spinning got sick to my stomach and I've had virago before
How long did this last?Any other symptoms?How are you feeling now?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I woke up out of sound sleep with a jolt like lifted head a the room spun it was less than a minute. I was a little clamy but nervous it scared me was having some acid reflux earlier before bed. So not sure if that was why I was little sick to my stomach. I seem to be OK now just a slight headache but I'm in Florida where pollen and mold is bad so I have had some headaches lately.
Sorry it took me a bit to reply -- morning clinic is in full swing and you know how Monday mornings can get ;)It sounds like you are fine and there is nothing serious to worry about.Make sense?See the pretty Excellent feedback button? Don't be afraid. Give it a little push. You'll like it.....Trust me, I'm a Doctor ;) I am happy to be able to help you today. If you would be so kind, please help me get credit for my efforts in answering your questions and press the excellent feedback button for this encounter. And, don’t forget, I work for tips. I would also be happy to continue to answer any more questions you have until we have resolved your concern. Dr. Rick MD FACS