Dr. Bob
Dr. Bob, Neurologist (MD)
Experience:  Neurology & Int Medicine (US Trained): 20 yrs experience
61817858

It's been 4 months I'm suffering from depression, I'm

Customer Question

Hi, it's been 4 months I'm suffering from depression, I'm always sad and crying, I took mood lift st john but noting changed, can you please help me?
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr. Bob replied 1 year ago.
Hi Roberto. Recent studies have not confirmed the benefit of St. John's Wort for the treatment of depression. If these are new symptoms for you, or they have worsened recently, you need to be evaluated as soon as possible by your GP or a mental health professional, or both. Depression can be a very serious condition. There are medical conditions that can mimic depression (or make it worse) that should be ruled out first. Then, you may need medication and/or therapy to get your symptoms under control. Depression is not a condition that most of us can treat on our own. It is important that you seek help and not try to manage this yourself.