Dr. Frank
Dr. Frank, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Board certified general Adult Neurologist, with experience in experimental neuroimaging and neurodiagnostics.
64994909

Dr. In response to you reply: Husband 64 yrs. w m

Customer Question

Hello Dr. In response to you reply: Husband 64 yrs. w m 200lbs. 5'10" no health issues. mild, bp, no hx seizures, epilepsy, no trauma or infections. Mental status excellent no confusion or loss of consciousness. Carotid & abd. sono (-) No known fm hx.of any conditions/disorders listed below in your response. One time jerk sometimes doesn't happen for hrs. later or days. He does not have 90% of the symptoms of these other diseases listed. What to do? No phone sailing in Caribbean till mid May only occasional e-mail when wifi working.***@******.*** thank you.
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr. Frank replied 1 year ago.
Hi again. there is a condition called hypnic jerks. It is a sleep disturbance but really is a normal phenomena, and it can occur while awake in certain "daydream" like states. I will attach a webpage by the NIH that discusses this phenomena, and all other reasons to have spontaneous jerks. This is not a dangerous situation, it does not mean he has a neurological disease, and I would just enjoy your trip. Get back to me here anytime and I will reply. Please remember to rate this question and the others, as that is how I am compensated for this work thank you *****://www.ninds.nih.gov/disorders/myoclonus/detail_myoclonus.htm
Expert:  Dr. Frank replied 1 year ago.
Hello Shirley, hope you were able to review information on hypnic jerks and other reasons for myoclonus. Please get back to me when you have wifi to discuss this and I will reply. Please remember to rate this service favorably if satisfied, as that is how I am compensated for my work thanks Dr frank