Dr. Frank
Dr. Frank, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Board certified general Adult Neurologist, with experience in experimental neuroimaging and neurodiagnostics.
64994909

Greetings Dr.......a recent CT scan revealed i have vacuum

Customer Question

Greetings Dr.......a recent CT scan revealed i have vacuum disc phenomena in the lower thoracic and lumbar spine from T12-l1 & L5-S1. aside from PT the answer from DR Mark suggested epidural steroid injections for relief or surgery. I've been taking COPD meds that contain steroids and now my skin bruises and bleeds at the slightest touch. Is there a non-steroid injection I could take to relieve the pain.....Thank you
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr. Frank replied 1 year ago.
Hello. Yes. You can do RF or laser rhizotomy. In that procedure, you place a probe into the lateral epidural space, along the nerve root and use either RadioFrequency to heat the nerve just enough to interrupt pain fibers, or you use a laser probe. The laser probe is the newest technology. Practices such as the Laser Institute in Philadelphia base most of their pain management treatment on this technique. With these techniques, you can ablate your pain response without causing numbness or weakness. I hope that answers your question. Please remember to rate this service if satisfied, as that is how I am compensated for this work thanks *****