Dr. Bob
Dr. Bob, Neurologist (MD)
Experience:  Neurology & Int Medicine (US Trained): 20 yrs experience

Right wrist bone--occasionally shooting needles pain JA:

Customer Question

Hi, right wrist bone--occasionally shooting needles pain
JA: The Neurologist will need to help you with this. Please give me a bit more information, so the Neurologist can help you best.
Customer: No mobility issue--tingling suddenly hits the wrist bone and then shooting discomfort needles
JA: Anything else I can tell the Neurologist before I connect you two?
Customer: Not that I can think of--thanks
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Neurologist about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Neurology
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
When will I get an answer
Expert:  Dr. Bob replied 6 months ago.
How long has this been going on? Have you ever injured the wrist? This sounds like a mechanical problem involving the bones and ligaments of the wrist. I would suggest you get a CT scan to rule out an occult fracture or other bony lesion. This study will also give you some idea as to the alignment of the bones. An alternative would be an MRI which shows the bones fairly well but also provides some information about the soft tissues such as the muscles, tendons, ligaments and nerves.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
It just started yesterday--comes and goes. Sometimes the needling pain shoots up the forearm. But will go get CT scan. Thanks!
Expert:  Dr. Bob replied 6 months ago.
You're welcome. In the meantime, I would suggest you wear a firm wrist splint to reduce excess movement at the wrist and excess energy going into whatever structure is causing your pain. Try taking an anti-inflammatory such as advil or alleve if you tolerate them. It will help not only with pain but also any inflammation that is present.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Will do, thanks so much. Very helpful. Paul
Expert:  Dr. Bob replied 6 months ago.
Glad to be of help. Let me know if you have any further questions.