Dr. Frank
Dr. Frank, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Board certified general Adult Neurologist, with experience in experimental neuroimaging and neurodiagnostics.
64994909

I am writing friend in China. Her mother fell and suffered

Customer Question

I am writing for a friend in China. Her mother fell and suffered a skull fracture fast Friday. Her recovery was going well and 2 CT scans looked good. She was talking, eating, and standing. Two hours ago she began shaking and has slurred speech. The Chinese doctor is taking a wait and see approach. Any suggestions. Know any neurologists in Jiangyin China or Shanghai?
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr. Frank replied 7 months ago.
Hello. It is difficult to give you a name for a Neurologist in Shanghai from here. You should contact the American Academy of Neurology. www.aan.com, they have a worldwide provider directory and can give you that information. All of the neurologists on their list are ABPN board certified. In terms of help, please get back to me with more information and/or questions. I can review CT scans on Dropbox if they are available, or interpret a report. There are a few reasons for the response you described, seizure, stroke, medication effect. An MRI scan would be preferable over a CT if the CT "looked good" as it will show brain contusion or bruising in addition to the fracture line. If this is a depressed skull fracture, she might need surgery to repair the injury. Get back to me if I can help and I will reply. Dr Frank