Dr. Mark
Dr. Mark, Neurologist (MD)
Experience:  Neurosurgeon - Brain, spine, and peripheral nerve surgery
206912

I had a cervical MRI in 2013 with the following abnormality:

Customer Question

Hi, I had a cervical MRI in 2013 with the following abnormality: "Indeterminate 3-mm focal hyperintense signal in the central cord slightly to the right of the midline at the level of the C7 vertebral body."
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Now, in April of 2016, I have another cervical MRI with the following abnormality: "small focus of abnormal high signal in the cord at C5-C6 involving the left grey matter...." I have been dx with spinocerebellar ataxia, dysautonomia, and Multiple System Atrophy. I have spastic muscles -- I take 150% of the maximum dose of baclofen (120 mg), plus 3600 mg of neurontin, and 1500 mg of Keppra. But here's part of the problem:
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Neurologists generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Neurology
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
My brain MRI in 2012 showed cerebellar degeneration. The problem is the first neurologist I saw at this hospital told me I was fine before my brain MRI in 2012. He never gave me the results afterwards. He wouldn't even see me. I went to another neurologist who ultimately dx me with MSA-C. He told me nothing can be done to help me, that I am going to die, so I went home, devastated, and have been waiting to die. The problem is that while I have health issues that are getting worse -- I now have gastroparesis and its bad enough that I can't eat vegetables or anything more than something like a bowl of oat bran (a 1/4 C serving) or a 1/2 C of Greek yogurt with blueberries -- I wasn't deteriorating fast enough, so the endowed Chair of Cleveland Clnic's Neuroscience Institute n Weston, FL, stopped treating me without an explanation. Now I'm getting pain management help from the first hospital. I get trigger point injections twice every 6 weeks. I go one week to get injections in my neck and shoulders, then I go the next week to get injections in my lower back, and then repeat in 6 weeks. They do it that way so they can give me the max medication. They've never done this for anyone else according to the docs and nurses. I also get bilateral occipital nerve blocks every 3 months because I have migraines and constant pain at the base of my skull. I also have vision problems. I have had abnormal eye exams since 2008 (I've been on disability for spinocerebellar ataxia since 2010). At my last exam the doctor said there's a problem with the nerves that enervate the optic muscles (I have double vision). My question is, are the MRI results suggestive of MS?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I just want to know what's wrong with me and because doctors have made mistakes, they're treating me while trying to say I'm not all that sick. It's actually quite bizarre.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I need to sleep now. A phone call this afternoon would be great. I'm wiped out.
Expert:  Dr. Rick, MD replied 8 months ago.
Hi. My name is***** and I am online and available to help you today. Thank you for your patience.Question and answer is just one of the services I offer. I can also provide you with premium services, such as live telephone or skype consultation, at a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested.I will send you a link for a phone call. Once you accept we can exchange contact data privately How old are you?M/F?Do you have any other medical problems or take any medications?This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.