Dr. Bob
Dr. Bob, Neurologist (MD)
Experience:  Neurology & Int Medicine (US Trained): 20 yrs experience

I have a 2mm cyst on my brain in the right frontal deep white

Customer Question

I have a 2mm cyst on my brain in the right frontal deep white matter,and a few subcortical cysts in the bilateral high frontal parietal region. I have really really bad headaches, nausea, pain is unreal . The neurologist I have been seeing tried to do a lumbar puncture and was unsuccessful I've had two back surgeries and he kept hitting the metal cages in my back after 12 times told him to stop . I gave him all the xrays MRI reports even went and had new xrays last week. He still could not get it. I need help I'm this stuff in my head is causing so much pain what do I do and where can I go??
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr. Bob replied 6 months ago.
You should arrange to have your lumbar puncture done under fluoroscopy. This is a special machine that allows an interventional radiologist to watch under real time x-ray as the needle goes in. It allows him or her to precisely place the needle into the lumbar cistern where the cerebrospinal fluid collects.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Yeah I told him that. I provided him all my xrays MRI reports everything. And he still stabbed me 12 times trying to do it yesterday. Now I can't hardly walk today it hurts so bad my back is killing me and I have a severe headache. Idk what else to do...
Expert:  Dr. Bob replied 6 months ago.
You may be having a lumbar puncture headache. It is a fairly common side effect and can be quite severe when upright. This, and your back pain, would warrant a visit to urgent care or the ER. You probably need a shot of pain killers and some pills to take home until this subsides.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
No your not understanding he poked me but never could get it numb to get the fluid . now I'm just stuck with the pain never mind your not understanding and I can't afford this
Expert:  Dr. Bob replied 6 months ago.
If he poked you that many times, I can assure you he poked the spinal canal, even if he did not get any fluid out. There could be a leak right now and you would not know it other than the headache. Some patients need spinal patching after a sub-optimal procedure like this.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
So I need to go to hospital basically
Expert:  Dr. Bob replied 6 months ago.
Severe pain, as you describe, is considered an emergency, particularly if your usual pain meds are not helping and you cannot function normally.