Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery, 5 years experience in Emergency Medicine.

I have heel pain in my left heel caused by plantar fasciitis(no

Customer Question

I have heel pain in my left heel caused by plantar fasciitis(no bone spur) I put on a heel cup and it feels
better(I have been doing calf and Achilles stretches) should I be using a heel cup on the right(which is fine) for symmetry if so what heel cups that can be bought at a pharmacy
would be recommended
Richard Rubin
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 6 months ago.
Hi and thanks for the query, Richard.Yes, you should always use the heel cups on both the feet since, stress is more on the foot that is without the heel cup and causes aggravation of disease process. So, for symmetry, balance and halt in any progression of the disease - it is best to use heel pads in both the feet.Use any brand of "in sole gel heel pads / inserts" available at your pharmacy. Please do not forget to leave a positive rating.Best.
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 6 months ago.
Let me know if you have any more concerns.Please do not forget to rate the answer by clicking on 5 stars above, as that is the only way I receive credit for my time and effort.Regards.