Dr. Frank
Dr. Frank, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Board certified general Adult Neurologist, with experience in experimental neuroimaging and neurodiagnostics.

How would you treat someone that did not want to have hip replacement

Customer Question

How would you treat someone that did not want to have hip replacement surgery?
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr. Frank replied 6 months ago.
Hello. Welcome to JA. It sounds like you are doing what you can do for your hip. Exercising in a manner that does not cause further damage, and taking NSAID medications as needed for pain and to reduce inflammation. The course of action depends on what your imaging shows, and what you can do on static testing with a physical therapist in terms of your hip flexion, abduction and extension. And how much pain you have on weight bearing. If you have your MRI or CT report and need an explanation of the findings, please upload the report minus your name, as this is a public forum, and I will reply. An Orthopedist may try to inject your bursa over the acetabulum with steroids, or directly using fluoroscopy into the hip (interarticular injection), but that depends on the damage in the joint. Please get back to me with questions and more information, and I will reply. Or if satisfied with that answer, please remember to rate this service by clicking on the rating stars, as that is how I am compensated for this work thanks *****
Debra, please get back to me as I left you an answer, we can discuss this until you are satisfied. Dr Frank