Anthony Bray, MD
Anthony Bray, MD, Doctor
Experience:  14 years experience in the field of Family Practice

I am just curious. I happened couple of times in the past

Customer Question

Hi. I am just curious. I happened couple of times in the past few weeks. Out of a sudden I get blurred vision, flashes and feeling like fainting. It seems to get better after I eat some sugary stuff and goes away after an hour or so. the only thing that lasts is a dull headache that can last for hours. It seems to happen right after I eat something. What can be causing that?
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Anthony Bray, MD replied 6 months ago.
Hello!You might be having episodes of hypoglycemia as a possible cause..Low blood pressure is another possible reason for you to possibly have faint feeling...See your doctor .I think checking your pulse and blood pressure >> lying >> sitting >> standing should be part of your evaluation.I think that checking your blood sugar metabolism should be done to include a fasting glucose / hemoglobin A1C / glucose tolerance test I would check also your metabolic functions ( liver and kidney and thyroid ) and electrolytes ...Hopefully you will get help with your doctor and soon solve the source of your symptoms and get relief from further similar trouble...I hope that this information is helpful for youLet me know if you have further questions or concernsI will be happy to get back with youIf my answers have been helpful and to your satisfaction then please remember to leave positive feedback Thank you and Best Regards,Anthony Bray MD