Anthony Bray, MD
Anthony Bray, MD, Doctor
Experience:  14 years experience in the field of Family Practice
13781349

My name is ***** *****, I've got upper back pain - not too

Customer Question

Hi my name is ***** *****, I've got upper back pain - not too bad I can still move etc it's been on and off for a while but today I noticed a hard lump on spine upper/mid back. When I press it it's hard feels like bone. Sometimes it feles like something is dislodged as i chest pain/discomfort and numbness/pain/tingling no left arm and left side of chest. When I lie down it puts pressure on lump and always affects left arm, sometimes left leg and makes pain shoot through chest. I only became aware of lump today but the pain and numbness tingling symptoms started in February and have worsened. I've had some headaches too.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I'm a bit concerned about a hard lump - doesn't move and not squishy it's very hard on spine upper back - just above my bra strap fastening on back When I lie down and put pressure on it my left arm becomes tingly and particularly the fingers in my left hand In some positions a pain shoots through chest and feel twinges. If I lie on my side the same happens with left leg. Only left side of body is affected
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Doctors generally expect a deposit of about $34 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Anthony Bray, MD replied 8 months ago.
Hello!I agree that you should have this evaluated as soon as possible. I can not of course give you any specific diagnosis. What you feel seems to be causing neurological symptoms which is concerning. It may include a possible benign type process such as a cyst ...perhaps with calcification but a malignant process could be of potential concern as well. I think you need expedited doctor visit and to be set up with a thoracic MRI....You may start by seeing your primary care doctor -- get set for appropriate diagnostic tests -- this would be best to get to point of diagnosing the lump that you feel and reason for symptoms that you have noticed I hope that this information is helpful for youLet me know if you have further questions or concernsI will be happy to get back with you If my answers have been helpful and to your satisfaction then please remember to leave positive feedbackThank you and Best Regards,Anthony Bray MD