Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC
48069651

I have very painful gout in my left toe. I can't hardly put

Customer Question

I have very painful gout in my left toe. I can't hardly put my foot down. I have tried ice pack and icy hot. I don't have anything else in the house. I went bare foot for a little while today on hard floors. I have had mild pain before but nothing like this.
Sue
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr. Rick, MD replied 8 months ago.
Hi. My name is***** and I am online and available to help you today. Thank you for your patience.Question and answer is just one of the services I offer. I can also provide you with premium services, such as live telephone or skype consultation, at a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested.As you know this condition is very painful. You might need strong pain medication/narcotics to help you while your gout gets back under control. A trip to the ER is not unreasonable.Also, I suggest you see the doctor treating your gout to see what can be done to break this flairup and limit future events.Does this make sense to you? It's safe for you to press the positive feedback button now if you so desire. And, never fear, even after you press that button I'll still be right here to continue helping you, but, as I do work for tips, I want to make sure you are happy before rating me. Dr. Rick MD FACS