Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC
48069651

I am a 42 year old male who has been generally healthy most

Customer Question

I am a 42 year old male who has been generally healthy most of my life. However, after have two kids & taking care of my wife who can be very ill at times- I have lost all ability to focus. I work in sales traveling for a large company and often am teaching product classes. It has become increasingly difficult for me to successfully accomplish my job, remain focused on the tasks at hand, I'm often distracted and I have a great job that supports our family that I cannot lose. My wife suffers from severe headaches- she has Chiari Malformation, Endometriosis, a myriad of problems and some days I'm responsible for everything. I cannot keep on the task at hand. I lose complete focus helping my daughter with her homework. I'm up for a promotion, which would require me interacting with even more customers and teaching more seminars. I also have severe back pain. My job requires me to drive around to different boroughs to meet with customers. I've always had back pain, but naproxen, Tylenol, heating pads- nothing helps anymore and I'm getting a lot of headaches. My wife was diagnosed several years ago with ADD and takes 20mgs 3times daily as well as soma 350 3 times daily. These have been life changing for her. I have taken a Ritalin 3 time on days of presentations and I felt so confident, focused, full of new ideas, and when I came home I was able to keep up with the kids and take care of the house, rather Han get distracted as soon as I start any task. I was never a great student, I had difficulty studying, but I feel like cognitively and physically I'm really going downhill. The only medication I currently take is Ambien 10 mgs at night. My PCP believes ADD IS NOT REAL AND WOULDNT EVEN REFER ME FOR A TEST. I am asking if I could please try the Ritalin and Soma bc I am in great need of some help. My wife has good and bad days, but it's vita for me to be focus and attentive at work and the same at home with my daughters. They need me when my wife is down with a headache. Thank you
Category: Neurology
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Do you respond here or through email?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
If you prescribe any prescriptions do you mail them or just the rx?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Soon?
Expert:  Dr. Rick, MD replied 8 months ago.
Hi. My name is***** and I am online and available to help you today. Thank you for your patience.Question and answer is just one of the services I offer. I can also provide you with premium services, such as live telephone or skype consultation, at a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested.There are online places that can help. Here is some information on where you can go to get your medications:The only way to accomplishing this goal that I know of is to use a telemedicine service. By using this type of service, you will get a phone call from a doctor who has a license in the state in which you legally reside. There are certain medications that cannot be prescribed via telemedicine. The most obvious are narcotics and psychotropics. The best sites that I know of to provide the possibility of obtaining prescriptions without a doctors’ visit is : http://www.consultadr.com/http://www.edrugstore.md/http://www.lloydspharmacy.com/http://buydrug247.com/drugstore.comrxdirect.com I wish I could help you but it is illegal for me, personally, to prescribe any medication online. Giving an Rx requires that a doctor/patient relationship be formed with a face to face meeting and the need for medication -- be it an antibiotic, viagra or strong pain pills -- be documented in the medial record. If I was to call in an Rx for you I would lose my medical license and, quite possibly, go to jail. It this doesn't work for you the the next best thing you can do is try to get your regular doctor to understand your needs and give you the medicine you require. Another option, of course, would be to go to ER. However, I can understand how difficult this would be for you given your current situation.Does this make sense to you? Don't forget to mash the positive feedback button for me...the one labeled "excellent" is the most fun to push by far ;) It's safe for you to press the positive feedback button now if you so desire. And, never fear, even after you press that button I don't go up in a puff of smoke -- I'll still be right here to continue helping you, but, as I do work for tips, I want to make sure you are happy before rating me. Dr. Rick MD FACS