Dr. Frank
Dr. Frank, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Board certified general Adult Neurologist, with experience in experimental neuroimaging and neurodiagnostics.

Is there any treatment Matter Disease? What can

Customer Question

Is there any treatment for White Matter Disease? What can I do?
Jay ********
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr. Frank replied 6 months ago.
Hello Jay. Welcome to JA. Can you tell me what "white matter disease" you have? There are many. Is it related to ischemic small vessel stroke? Do you have hypertension and/or diabetes, or some other medical illness? What medications do you take? There are treatments for white matter disease in general, but the usual statement is you have to treat the underlying disease causing this problem. Unless you have a disease like Canavan's (leukodystrophy) or MS, where you treat the disease directly with immunomodulators. So get back to me to discuss this further if I can help and I will reply. Dr Frank