Dr. Frank
Dr. Frank, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Board certified general Adult Neurologist, with experience in experimental neuroimaging and neurodiagnostics.
64994909

MRI Says I have "L1" collapsed vertebrae I am told there is

Customer Question

MRI Says I have "L1" collapsed vertebrae I am told there is no repair for it. I have had stenosis surgery 4 years ago L2 L3 L4 S1 I am 85 and am told my bones are brittle. Is there a possible solution? I have been getting shots for the last several years.
JA: The Doctor will need to help you with this. Anything else I can tell the Doctor before I connect you two?
Customer: Guess not.
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr. Frank replied 8 months ago.
Hello. Have you considered vertebroplasty/Kyphoplasty? These are minimally invasive procedures, so you do not need to be a perfect surgical candidate. I am going to attach a webpage that explains how this is done. Please get back to me to discuss this after you take a look, and I can help explain what you do not understand. Or if satisfied with this answer, please remember to rate this service by clicking on the rating stars as that is how I am compensated for this work. I can also call you to discuss this in depth, but JA charges more. If interested in that service, you just put your number in the offer box and a time to call if not now. Or just write back, ok? Dr Frank http://www.spine-health.com/treatment/back-surgery/vertebroplasty-vs-kyphoplasty
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I am not interested in a month long dissertation. I just want to know if it is possible to repair the damage. if so where can I get help. Thanks anyway I will pay the $5 and say goodbye.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Adios, I didn't realize I was getting into a situation like this. goodbye
HI. I can only tell you if it is possible to repair if I can see your MRI or CT imaging report. It is difficult to give you an accurate answer without any information about you. I can tell you that those two procedures, vertebroplasty, or kyphoplasty are the procedures that could help you given what your wrote. But there are issues given your history of spinal stenosis. Dr Frank
Good Luck to you. Dr Frank