Dr. Frank
Dr. Frank, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Board certified general Adult Neurologist, with experience in experimental neuroimaging and neurodiagnostics.

Therei am very worried as my mum went ct scan

Customer Question

hello therei am very worried as my mum went for a ct scan yesterday for her brain and they saw a lesion on her scan. then the people that did the scan wanted her to go see her doctor so she did and she has a tumour in her frontal lobe on the right side then the doctor told her to go to the ERthe then the ER did a few tests like blood test that were normal, and a chest xray..then they gave her steroids for the prussre on her braina doctor on here has told e it could be metastasis and if it was woukldnt she have had symptoms of the other cancer. and how long do you have to have cancer before it metastasis????????please help as i am so worried and scared that she has metastasisand in tears as i dont want to lose her...
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr. Frank replied 6 months ago.
Hello Welcome to JA. Would you have the CT report? did they give her Contrast during the CT scan? If you have the report, please upload it here using the paperclip icon, but please remove her name as this is a public forum. I can look at the report and explain it to you. In terms of your question. If she has a metastatic tumor in her brain, the most common sources are breast cancer and lung cancer. The primary cancers themselves can be very small. There is also CUP, or cancer of unknown primary, where you have a brain metastatic cancer and no know source for the primary. But this is not a likely situation, as to present with a brain metastatic tumor, you usually have weight loss, and a variety of symptoms. Please get back to me to discuss this and I will reply. I am here to help so ask questions and I will try to answer them. Dr Frank
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
yes i do have a photo of the scan that the doctor gave to my mum at the hospital and i will upload that. she has a calicum bulid up in or on the brain.
Hello. Yes, upload the photo of the scan, and take a picture of the report if you have it One slice of a scan is not sufficient for me to tell what is going on, so I would need someone who has looked at the whole scan. Dr Frank