Dr. Frank
Dr. Frank, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Board certified general Adult Neurologist, with experience in experimental neuroimaging and neurodiagnostics.
64994909

Sir good morning I have done this blood test after 6weeks

Customer Question

Hi sir good morning I have done this blood test after 6weeks how likely is this test to be trusted should I get test again or will this test be conclusive
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr. Frank replied 8 months ago.
Hello Welcome to JA. I will return with a reply shortly. Dr Frank
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Hi doc I am waiting for ur answer
Hello. So having this test done 6 weeks after exposure, they should have done IgM fractionation, with an immunophoretic study. That comes up at 3 weeks and extends to 2 months or so. The IgG fraction may not start until 6 weeks or so, it would have to be repeated to prove you are negative for HSV type 1 and 2, doing it at 3 months is the usual time point, to be certain your lymphocytes have reacted and IgG has been developed. So yes, this needs to be repeated. You might also ask for the IgM as well, as that would be dropping and would identify the time period of exposure. I hope that helps. Please get back to me if you have questions and I will reply. Or if satisfied with this answer, please remember to rate my service by clicking on the rating stars, as that is how I am compensated for this work. thanks Dr frank
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Hi thank you for ur reply it's been 2months now I am in a plan to get tested 2day with hsv pcr blood test will it k
HSV 1 and 2 PCR is a very expensive but sensitive method for identifying past infection in a blood sample. That should work if it is from a reliable laboratory. Get back to me anytime if I can help Dr frank
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2095011/
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Hello doc I feel a bit swelling on my corona can please check out the picture and tell me if that swelling is normal thank you
entirely normal, no lesions seen on that photo. Dr Frank
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Is penis corona swelled doc or is it normal
It is normal. There is no abnormal swelling. I hope I was able to answer all of your questions. Please remember to rate my service now by clicking on the rating stars, as that is how I am compensated for my work. Thank you. Dr Frank
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Hi doc I just gave a blood test waiting for the results and today I just saw this on my left hand is this related to herpes blister plz find the picture
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
It's just one I don't have any pain or tingling It came all of the sudden
Hello again. Please choose the "more Q and A" and we can discuss this further. thank you. Dr Frank
Expert:  Dr. Frank replied 7 months ago.
Sam. I hope I was able to answer your question. You did not rate this service, please do so if you can as that is how I am compensated for working for you Thanks *****