Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC

I have been experiencing episodes, while falling asleep,

Customer Question

I have been experiencing episodes, while falling asleep, where I begin to fall asleep but suddenly wake up gasping for breath. I have been experiencing these episodes for about a year, however, recently, when I experience these episodes, I wake up with a strange feeling in my body. When I wake up from these episodes, my body feels slightly rigid and my mouth feels the way it would if you put a 9 volt battery on your tongue to test it. It feels like I have a slight pulse of electricity in my mouth and I can't breath for several seconds after I wake up.
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr. Rick, MD replied 6 months ago.
Hi. My name is***** and I am online and available to help you today. Thank you for your patience.Question and answer is just one of the services I offer. I can also provide you with premium services, such as live telephone or skype consultation, at a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested.Do you have any other symptoms?Do you have any other medical problems or take any medications?This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.