Dr. Frank
Dr. Frank, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Board certified general Adult Neurologist, with experience in experimental neuroimaging and neurodiagnostics.
64994909

I have a syrinx between T 7-9 that cause horrific attacks of

Customer Question

I have a syrinx between T 7-9 that cause horrific attacks of pain in my upper back, with headaches, neck pain Etc. I am sensitive to heat & I have extreme nightsweats. I am just searching for any treatments without surgery as the outcome of surgery my cripple me
JA: Your nerves are the communications system for your body so you are doing the right thing consulting our Expert about anything to do with them. Losing comms is not good. Anything else I can tell the Neurologist before I connect you two?
Customer: Just want some relief from this pain & suffering...thank you!
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Neurologist about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr. Frank replied 8 months ago.
Hello Welcome to JA. How can I help? Do you have a MRI report that you can upload? There are no non-surgical treatments for syringomyelia that I am aware. Please get back to me to discuss this further and I will reply. What are you using for pain? Dr Frank
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
They have me on Norco & Flexeril
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I do not have my MRI film here but I do have the radiologist reading
If you wish to discuss your syrinx, please upload the report minus your name on the report as this is a public forum and we can discuss it. Have your tried neuropathic medications like gabapentin, pregabalin, or duloxetine? Dr Frank
Hello I am available to review your spinal MRI and might be able to help. Please get back to me to discuss this further, and I will reply. If satisfied with this answer, please remember to rate this service by clicking on the rating stars, as that is how I am compensated for this work thanks Dr frank