Dr. Mark
Dr. Mark, Neurologist (MD)
Experience:  Neurosurgeon - Brain, spine, and peripheral nerve surgery
206912

I believe my mother has Alzheimer's, what can I do too make

Customer Question

I believe my mother has Alzheimer's, what can I do too make sure. She is severely confused and is not sleeping. She can't be left alone by herself. She has been known to walk out the door and fall. My step dad works and can't be there with her. There are other signs also. I work at a assisted living and memory care. I have worked with Alzheimer patients for years. I need to get her tested.
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr. Caplan replied 8 months ago.
Hello!Welcome to the JustAnswer.com chat dialog. I am a Family Medicine doctor, board certified with active licenses and certification in Internal Medicine, Pediatrics, Obstetrics and Gynecology, as well as Integrative Medicine & Naturopathy, with advanced training in Neurology, Cardiovascular Medicine, Gastroenterology, Endocrinology, and Psychiatry. I am also well-trained in Functional Medicine. Perhaps most importantly, I consider myself a patient listener. I have read your post and observations, and I take care of many patients and their families, who are suffering with Alzheimer's disease.Would you prefer a summary answer to your question, or would you prefer more back-and-forth, where there will be a series of more questions and more details clarified? Either way, I’ll do my best to take the appropriate time to help you.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I need to know where your office is located and if i can bring my mom in for test to find out if she has Alzheimer's.
Oh. There is a misunderstanding, I think. This website, justanswer.com is a resource for patients and families, such as your self, to have questions answered, advice given. It is not a resource for personal connections. I can help you locate appropriate neurologists in your area, if you would like?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
That's okay. I will call and get my money back. I can locate a Neurologist on my on. Thank you