Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Experienced physician in Neurology
41363181

My father is a Vietnam veteran. He is experiencing what he

Customer Question

My father is a Vietnam veteran. He is experiencing what he calls a vibration in his chest and sometimes all over. He gets dizzy and feels so bad that he takes a long nap during the day. Today he started feeling nauseated. He has been put through test after test, including a MRI and everything shows he is fine. But he is far from it. Whatever this is that is causing the problem is wearing him down. You can hear it in his voice. Once or twice a week he may have a day where he is perfectly fine. But the next day it will hit him twice as hard. Any idea what is happening to him?
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
This is Dr. Davidhe needs to consult with a neurologist and get a full neurological workuphe could be having early parkinsons disease or possibly an essential tremor which can be treatedvibrations in his chest can be from a large mucus plug in his lungsdoes he get this vibration when he breaths or also when he holds his breath?has he consulted with a neurologist yet?