Dr. Mark
Dr. Mark, Neurologist (MD)
Experience:  Neurosurgeon - Brain, spine, and peripheral nerve surgery

3 years ago I had lypomas removed from outside of both

Customer Question

3 years ago I had lypomas removed from outside of both ankles. When stitches were removed, the wounds opened up and took months to heal. Since then I have pain in my feet when I walk. Could this be from the surgery (nerve damage?). No one can find why my feet hurt. Thank you.
Category: Neurology
Expert:  khagihara replied 6 months ago.

How tall are you? How much do you weigh? Exactly where is it? On a scale of 0-10, what is it with 0 being no pain and 10 being the strongest pain? What is it like? Does anything make it better or worse? Numbness, tingling sensation, weakness in the feet? Any skin change? If so, can you attach the photos here? What tests and imaging studies did you have? What doctors did you see? Any medical problems? Any other surgeries? Any medications including over-the-counter pills and herbs? Any family medical history?