Dr Chaithanya
Dr Chaithanya, General Physician, Medical Researcher, All medical and health questions answered.
Experience:  General Physician, Family medicine, Internal medicine, all age groups.
88123236

Is there an "at home" remedy to bring down the swelling of

Customer Question

Is there an "at home" remedy to bring down the swelling of my left side of my face??? HELP ***@******.***
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 8 months ago.

HI and welcome.

You can decrease swelling by rubbing gently lightly warm mustard oil over the area and keeping ice compresses every two hourly for 2 to 3 minutes. Try to keep your face over two pillows while lying down. If swelling is because of allergic reaction taking antihistamine tablet available over the counter can reduce swelling. Reduce water and salt intake.

Let me know if you have further questions.

Please do not forget to leave a positive rating by clicking on stars on top right corner.

Wish you good health.

Expert:  Dr Chaithanya replied 8 months ago.

I'm Dr Chaithanya attending you.

First please tell me from how long you have the swelling, and what caused it, based on that only the right remedy can be suggested,