Dr. Mark
Dr. Mark, Neurologist (MD)
Experience:  Neurosurgeon - Brain, spine, and peripheral nerve surgery
206912

What would make vision a little blur/fuzzy and double vision

Customer Question

What would make vision a little blur/fuzzy and double vision and the rest of body self feeling good.
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr. Frank replied 12 months ago.

Hello. If you only have diplopia (double vision, is it horizontal or vertical, with images side by side or vertical or skewed?) or blurred vision (blurred vision can be very mild double vision, it is hard to tell, if that happens cover each eye to see if it changes) and nothing else, then you are discussing the neurological systems to point the eye, or the ocular muscles that have to contract to make the eye move. There are circuits in the brain that keep the eyes yoked together correctly so you don't see double. The most common reason in a male your age is just feeling very tired, but you can have neuropathic reasons, the cranial nerves aren't working right (diabetes is a common cause), or muscle disease so the muscles around the eyes aren't working right (common is ocular myasthenia gravis) . Get Back to me to discuss this further and I will reply, or rate this answer if satisfied by clicking on the rating stars. thanks Dr frank