Dr. Frank
Dr. Frank, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Board certified general Adult Neurologist, with experience in experimental neuroimaging and neurodiagnostics.
64994909

My husband is experiencing sharp pains up the leg from s

Customer Question

my husband is experiencing sharp pains up the leg from his feet, and the bottom of his feet hurt so bad he cant even walk on them, and they burning sensation, can you help us figure this out
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr. Frank replied 8 months ago.

Hello. Welcome to JA. Did they give you a name of the procedure (A Bi Fem-pop or iliofemoral endarterectomy)? Do you have any of his reports on his plethysmography testing? Or did he get an MRA?

It sounds like your husband has ischemic neuropathy, or pain in his distal extremities because the blood supply is reduced. There are other reasons for neuropathy, that can give you the same symptoms, like if you have diabetes, you can have small fiber neuropathy as a cause for burning pain. Please send me a list of medications he is currently taking, or ones he has tried. Maybe I can make some suggestions. Tell me what other medical problems he has, has he had a stroke or heart attack? Ask questions, and I will reply. Also, If you prefer to talk on the phone instead of this type chat, I can also call you, but JA charges extra. I will put out that option to you, if interested, just put your number in the box, and a time to call. Or just write back. Dr Frank