Dr. Frank
Dr. Frank, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Board certified general Adult Neurologist, with experience in experimental neuroimaging and neurodiagnostics.
64994909

My 80 year old mom can't hardly get around due to back pain.

Customer Question

My 80 year old mom can't hardly get around due to back pain. Doesn't want to be on pills. Over the counter not helping. Should I take her to er or doc in a box
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr. Frank replied 8 months ago.

If you take her to the ER, they will give her a shot of toradol, which will reduce inflammation in the spine and hopefully she will move around better. If things are really bad, they will admit her and consider a steroid epidural injection or maybe a kyphoplasty procedure to knock out the nerves that are giving her such pain and muscular spasm. it depends on her imaging. If you have a MRI report on her, you can upload it minus her name, and I can explain it to you and help in that decision. But as a bot***** *****ne, if she really is unable to ambulate, the ER is much better than the doc in a box clinic. I hope that helps. Get back to me with questions and I will reply, or if satisfied, please remember to rate my service by clicking on the rating stars, as that is how I am compensated for my work. I will also put out the phone option box where I can call you for an additional fee. If you need that level of service, just put your number in the box and a time to call. Let me know what medications she is taking and I will reply here as well. Dr frank