Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

I have ears and head pressure and i went to the doctors

Customer Question

I have ears and head pressure and i went to the doctors twice over it the first doctor gave me wrong meds for it that don't work the second doctor clean out my ears from wax and the second doctor to me to let it run its course but i still have the pressure and I'm scared cuz i keep thinking its brain tumor or some kind of cancer but everyone telling me its not cancer but i don't know why i keep thinking it and still scared
Category: Neurology
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
also i have muffle tiny bit in my left ear and my right ear has more of it and its always muffled when i first wake up every morning i had this for a week now
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 8 months ago.

Hello from JustAnswer.

What medicine were you given initially that was the wrong medicine?

Are you taking any chronic medicines?

I had asked for some additional information and have not heard back.

There is no reason to be concerned about any kind of cancer in this situation.

It s vastly most likely that it is a type of inflammation or infection of the head, nose, sinuses, or ears. The most common germ to cause these symptoms would be a generic viral infection, but there are times when there can be a bacterial infection superimposed on the viral infection. I ask about which antibiotic was prescribed, as that would give a clue of what type of infection was thought to be present by that doctor. Since the second doctor said it needs to run its course, this doctor apparently thought that it was a viral infection.

There are a variety of over the counter antihistamine/decongestant medicines that may help ease symptoms. There are certain chronic medical conditions and chronic medicines that preclude the use of these medicines, such as high blood pressure, which is why I asked if you are taking any chronic medicines.

If I can provide any additional information, please let me know.