Dr. Frank
Dr. Frank, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Board certified general Adult Neurologist, with experience in experimental neuroimaging and neurodiagnostics.
64994909

Ive been in pain from the age of 16 im now 23 Ive done

Customer Question

Hello dr
Ive been in pain from the age of 16 im now 23
Ive done numerous test such as mri emg ultrasound xray etc
And the all come back as negative
My pain is on my right side scapula rhomboid shoulder blade region
I also feel it in my neck and chest.
I think its my third right costal cartridge from the top
I feel like theres a knife in my back i get a numb arm and hands
I fell heat in my arm
At times i also feel like a bang in area of pain in the back then runs down my arm into hand end up in fingers like electricity fashion
I do alot of weight lifting since maybe age 15
So i think maybe it may have been causd by weightlifting
After my injury at age 16
I get alot of pain and discomfort in the back
Im unable to contract all my muscles on my right side correctly
I get alot of weakness and pain on the right side
Like my right/r
r traps
r back
r tricep
r bicep
r deltoids
Etc
The exercises that hurt the most are
Back excercises triceps excercises and trap excercises
The pain feels like a burning feeling in my right rhomboid scapula shoulder blade area
Simaler to lactic acid build up
It feel like a kink in a water hose and the water/blood cant get through
Which causes me to stop my set/excercising
If you have any knowledge regarding what im suffering from
Please get back to me when possible
Thankyou dr
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr. Frank replied 10 months ago.

Hello Adam. I am Dr. Frank, an Adult Neurologist in NYC. Welcome to JA. The problem you describe of pain in a distribution of the shoulder girdle muscles, sounds like it is a transient upper trunk brachial plexus neuropathy, known as a "stinger" injury. I will attach a webpage that describes the usual symptoms, take a look at it, and let me know if you think it matches your problem. Stingers or Burners usually come from traumatic injury, as in football. But in your case, you have a chronic repetitive injury. So the question is do you have any reflex changes or muscle weakness that is focal? My suspicion is no, if your EMG was done of the shoulder girdle, included needle exam and conduction studies, etc. If you have questions about the study, you can upload it here minus your name, as this is a public forum and I can review it further.

Anyway, so if you have a normal exam, and EMG, then this must be a "vascular" type of brachial plexopathy, where the blood supply to the plexus, which comes off the subclavian artery, and the thyrocervical trunk, is somehow lacking. The weakness/numbness is therefore transitory, and not seen on normal testing, but all of this can be evaluated. The brachial plexus gets imaged using a special MRI, you get an MR Neurogram of the plexus to see if you have an ischemic injury.

Take a look at this webpage. http://orthoinfo.aaos.org/topic.cfm?topic=A00027 Then get back to me to discuss and I will reply. Or if satisfied, please remember to rate this service by clicking on the rating stars, as that is how I am compensated for this work thanks *****

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

Hi. I can call you on Skype, but only for a few minutes as you are in Australia, unless you have a US phone number? Just put your number in the offer box, and a time to call if not soon. Dr Frank

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I havnt used skype in a while
So im not sure if it still works
Ive got whats ap

Whatsapp is a messaging application software, correct? That is essentially what we have here. Dr Frank

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
but it also accepts calls and can make calls
Do i need to pay you if we talk on the phone

Hi. Yes, I am not allowed to work for free. If you want me to call, you have to accept this chat, then put your number in that offer box, and then I can call you on Skype. that is allowed. The problem is Skype charges a fairly high rate for calls to Australia, so I could not talk to you for more than a few minutes. I could download Whats ap and try that as well Dr Frank

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Na i cant afford another 70 dollars at this timeSo can you explain to me please
In a simpler way
What you think im suffering from
The questions you wanted me to answer
What test i need to do
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Dr are you you still here

Hello. I am back, I am still here. I work for this organization and cannot provide free services. If you wish, just accept on this question, and we can continue here online. I can discuss this problem to you, give you the differential and where to look, what tests to run, what medications to consider, etc. Dr Frank

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Your not working for free i made payment

Hi. Please check your credit card company, you should not have been billed for this question yet as you have not clicked on the rating stars, so if there is a charge, you need to contact customer service by clicking on the link at the bottom of your page. From what I can see from here, it would have been a charge for $58. Please let me know if I am wrong, ok? Did you post any other questions? Dr Frank

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I checked on paypal i have been charged 81 dollars

you need to contact customer service ok? From here, I can see you have not listed any other questions, at least under the account that you are on with me. So there is a mistake as you have not accepted this question, and I have not seen a payment from you. you can send an email to***@******.*** if you cannot find the link at the bottom of your page. I do not work directly for this company, but I apologize for their mistake. Dr Frank

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Ok ill contact them now
Thankyou dr

You are welcome. good luck to you Dr Frank

You had said $81, so this question should have been $58, there has to be another $23 somewhere as well as this question cost ok? Dr Frank

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
The priority level was on high and level of information required was also on high

Ok, but there is a disconnect, because your question came in to me rated as costing $58 to you. Something is wrong here. Contact customer service. Dr Frank

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Yea i contacted them now

let me know if I can help dr Frank

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Well if you can speak to customer support also on my behalf that would be awesome
Just because youd know more about the issue than myself

I will post this to the moderator to see if they can help Dr Frank

I posted it to the moderator so you should be contacted. I did figure out maybe that you are speaking $81 australian dollars, which converts to $60.96 US dollars, so maybe that is the reason for that difference??? But you should not have been charged (yet). Dr Frank

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Thank you
You may be rite that makes sense

You are welcome