Dr Chaithanya
Dr Chaithanya, General Physician, Medical Researcher, All medical and health questions answered.
Experience:  General Physician, Family medicine, Internal medicine, all age groups.

My 40th Birthday was in February and since then I feel like

Customer Question

HelloMy 40th Birthday was in February and since then I feel like I'm falling apart :-(
For the last 6 weeks I've beet trying to get a massive bout of hives under control. I think things are a lot better and I can sleep again with only 1-2 small, manageable outbreaks per day.With one thing under control a new problem has joined. I now have tingling feelings in my left arm (this started 5 days ago) Starting from the shoulder my arm and/or hand go numb or tingly at infrequent times (I could be sitting, standing or walking when I happens)Could this be related or am I paranoid? How long should I wait until I check out this new problem?Any expert advice welcome
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr Chaithanya replied 7 months ago.

I'm Dr Chaithanya attending you now.

This can be due to carpel tunnel syndrome where, the major nerve in the jand[Median nerve] is compressed in between carpal bones of the wrist.

This needs to be checked and examined by a neurologist, where it is to tested, and found if you have carpal tunnel syndrome or not.

This is not an emergency, but sooner you get checked, it is better.

Please feel free to ask if any further questions. If done for now, please leave a positive rating

[Request to click on the 5th star] above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today.

We only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback.

You can always reach me with "For Dr. Chaithanya only" in the medical or health categories.

Below link is the fastest way to reach me,

A little bonus from your side is welcome and highly appreciated!

Thanks for using

Hi, Did you happen to see the answer? If so request to rate the answer positively, so that I'm compensated. Thank you so much, Good luck!