Dr Stan
Dr Stan, Doctor
Experience:  Physician at Stanley L Simpson, DO
93248684

Ive had a Lacunar Infarct, in 2015 (no exact date). It

Customer Question

Ive had a Lacunar Infarct, in 2015 (no exact date). It became known as a result of a CT Scan.
What exactly is it? What part of the brain does it affect? And would it be responsible for memory and concentration difficulties?My left hand also goes numb whenever it feels like it.Thank You
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr Stan replied 11 months ago.

Hi this is Dr Stan and I will try to help you. Lacunar Infarcts or "strokes" can be silent at the time they happen.

they can affect many different areas of the brain and usually are found on a MRI or CT scan. They may be caused by small blood clot or cholesterol plug. They can cause memory or concentration issues depending on the location. A cardiac work-up would be indicated to see if you have some irregular heart rhythm that may be the source of your problem. May I suggest you discuss this with your doctor so appropriate testing can be prescribed. I hope this information is beneficial to you. Please feel free to ask me any additional questions. Thank you for allowing me to assist you.

Expert:  Dr Stan replied 11 months ago.

Thank you for using Just Answer to get medical information. I will enable the rating page now.

Expert:  Dr Stan replied 11 months ago.

Hi this is Dr Stan and a positive rating from you would be appreciated.