Dr. S.A.Alam
Dr. S.A.Alam, Senior registrar
Experience:  MBBS/FCPS(R)

My ear pops and there is severe stabbing pain in the lower

Customer Question

My ear pops and there is severe stabbing pain in the lower part of my ear. it only hurts when I yawn or hold in my yawn.
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr. S.A.Alam replied 7 months ago.

Thank you for your question, this happens when there is wax or inflammation in the external ear, if you have problems in hearing, fever, excess wax in the ear or any discharge from the ear then you should get it checked ASAP with an ENT specialist. If you do not have these symptoms then it is a benign issue and mostly due to wax which is the commonest cause of these symptoms. avoiding the water entering the ear during ear cleaning or taking a bath helps relive these symptoms. Let me know if you have questions, thank you, ***** ***** as positive.