Dr. Frank
Dr. Frank, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Board certified general Adult Neurologist, with experience in experimental neuroimaging and neurodiagnostics.

My name is ***** ***** I just had some questions about on

Customer Question

Hey my name is ***** ***** I just had some questions about on and off pain in my head
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Well I have had issues in thale past I got an MRI probably a year ago and there was a small fatty mass on my brain in it and lately I've been feeling some pressure on and off around that spot and pain in the back of my head
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Neurologists generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr. Frank replied 7 months ago.

Hello. welcome to JA. Can you tell me more about your problem? Dr frank

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Hey I've had migraines and what not my whole life pretty much and I had a complex migraines a year or two back but lately I've been getting pain in one spot of my head right around where the doctors saw a fatty mass a year or two back

by a fatty mass, do you mean a lipoma of the scalp? or within the cranial vault? If that is getting larger on the outside of the skull but within the scalp, it can serve as a trigger for your migraines. Do you have an MRI report on this mass? upload it minus your name as this is a public forum. Dr Frank

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I don't have one sorry they honestly didn't tell me much about it they sort of brushed it off because they said it wasn't something to worry about. I went there because we thought I had a stroke because I couldn't use my left foot at all and barely the left half of my face but it was a complex migraine. Tonight I was getting vibration in the back of my head and some pressure and pain in that spot and limited use of that foot

Complex migraine or Migraine Variant can give you stroke like attacks and weakness in a reproducible fashion. So what you describe with similar symptoms in concert with your headache fits that diagnosis. The key then is adequate treatment of your migraine. If I can help there let me know. What have you tried/ failed with medications? Ask questions and I will reply. Or if satisfied please remember to rate my service by clicking on the rating stars as that is how I am compensated for my work. Thanks. Dr Frank

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Well I've ad migraines my whole life they just got more severe a couple years ago I tried furenal and some other things and I've had that pressure feeling in the back of my head on and off the last year or so but it's been pretty constant the last day or two

So with the pressure sensation and your response to fiorenal

I might suggest BOTOX if your headache frequency is over 8 headaches per month. It really depends on frequency and duration but with variant migraine you need more fun abortive therapy and should consider preventatives Dr Frank