DrThomasMd
DrThomasMd, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Internal medicine doctor, diagnose and treat neurology patients, many years
24257177

I've had back pain years now. It stems from my shoulder

Customer Question

I've had back pain for several years now. It stems from my shoulder blades then runs down to my back to the tail bone. Sometimes it's crunching pain but with burning in the background. I'm usually operating at 7-8 on a pain scale my goals to get rid of it together and live a normal life. Lately my legs have been hurting(specifically joins) as well as myself (joints). I've taken everything under the sun that's over the counter till my Mrs finally made me go to the doc. They Prescribed about a weeks worth of vicodinthen ordered PT. If it works I'm all for it. I have an8 year old and now a 1 week old and would like to enjoy their years. The pain is def impacting my quality of life but the Vicodin did help. I want to ask for a refill till the pain management gets approved but I don't really know how (I'm not a pleasant patient although I'm pretty loveable outside). What do you think?
Category: Neurology
Expert:  DrThomasMd replied 8 months ago.

Hello

if you are asking to get a refill here, that would be a felony.

Even attempting to do that is, technically speaking.

Or, are you asking if you should ask your doctor for another refill, yes.

You should have good pain management until the PT is working.

You should also have an MRI of the spine so they know what they are doing.

And, you should be open to other medications that are non narcotic that can work just

as well, such as gabapentin or lyrica.

OK, so you might have more questions or want to give me more information: Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.