Dr. Frank
Dr. Frank, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Board certified general Adult Neurologist, with experience in experimental neuroimaging and neurodiagnostics.

AN ATTACK OF bells palsy, Is there any way to minimize the

Customer Question

I AM HAVING AN ATTACK OF bells palsy, Is there any way to minimize the effect of it?
Category: Neurology
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Dr. Frank replied 7 months ago.

Yes. Do you have a reason that you know for getting Bell's ? Common reasons are diabetes, lyme disease, Lupus, Rheumatoid Arthritis? Or do you have the more common "viral" form of Bell's Palsy, that usually starts with ear pain or fullness, or a variety of ear symptoms, including ringing in the ear, a change in sounds to be more tinny, or dizziness/vertigo, and then evolves into facial pain/tingling and numbness???? If you have the viral form, then you need medications. Acyclovir 400 mg 5 times a day and A Medrol dose pack (methylprednisolone 4 mg 7 day course pack). You might need blood work to determine cause, as for the diseases I listed above. So you need to go to the ER if you cannot see your doc. Get back to me to discuss and I will reply. Dr frank

just put your phone number in the option box and I can call you