Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Physician
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine
28323552

L5 S1 SPONDYLOSIS,GRADE 1, LEGS ARE PAINING

Customer Question

Hello Doctor,
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question.

Since how long are you having this problem?

Are you on any medications for anything?

Do you have any other medical problems?

What is your age and gender?

Regards

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Dear sh
This problem started from last year 2015.
Im doing physiotherapy exercises as suggested by my doctor during my annual leave to india. Im living in kuwait.
I just stopped my physiotherapy exercises in between for two months which resulted in leg pains. I am not under any medicationI do good walking everyday of about 8 km.Can i walk now. How to control my weight?
Do i have to deal with L5 S1 spondylosis grade 1 life long? Jow do i get rid of this problem for good?
Please guide meRegards
Anil
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your response.

The only way to control or get rid of this problem for good is to lose weight if you are overweight.

You need to watch what you eat and preferably followup with a nutritionist in your area who can give you a diet and exercise plan which you should follow regularly.

Grade 1 spondylosis is usually not an indication for surgery and the pain is controlled with diet, exercise and pain medications.

We usually start with a mild pain medication like paracetamol and then gradually increase the stronger ones depending on the degree of pain that you are having.

This session is open for any further questions that you may have. The only way I am credited here by the website and the money that you have deposited is released is when you rate me.
Therefore, I would appreciate a rating when you are done asking.
Kindest regards

Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.

This session is open for any further questions.

I would appreciate a rating by clicking on one of the stars at your end as that is the only way I am credited by the website on here.

Kindest regards