khagihara
khagihara, Doctor
Experience:  Trained in the multiple medical fields for many years.
20084961

I have a question reagrding random sharp pain on top left

Customer Question

Hi. I have a question reagrding random sharp pain on top left side of head. So to start i have had bodywide muscle twitching for about 10 months now. I also have severe health anxiety. I became worried about als. I saw a neuro and was given all clear after clinical exam. Anyway ive also over the ladt year had some lightheaded or strange sinking feelings in my head off and on. Now today i started getting a sharp nerve like pain towards too left side of my head. It feels like just below the skin. Its not severe. Im worried about a brain tumor. Please help
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr Chaithanya replied 1 year ago.

I'm Dr Chaithanya attending you

Please let me know on what drugs are you on daily?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Calcium channel blocker and ppi

what calcium channel blocker and what ppi?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Diltiazem. Protonix

Okay, the patients with similar to you really showed good results with amitriptyline. I suggest you discuss with your doctor and atart taking it at lower doses

Any further questions ask me, or request to leave a positive rating.

with symptoms* similar to you [ word missed]

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can i please get a neurologist to help with my question? Thank you

Okay, I will opt out from this, so some neurologist will take over. Good luck!

Expert:  khagihara replied 1 year ago.

Do you wake up at night because of the pain? Is it pounding pain? How often do you have it? What is your neuro's diagnosis? Did you have MRI? Does anything make it better or worse? Any medical problems? Any surgeries? Any medications including over-the-counter pills and herbs? Any family medical history?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No do not wake up. No not pounding at all. Its more like a "nerve" type jolt. Lasts a secomd or 2. Off and on. Maybe once every 30 min. Havent had today. Neuro said all clear last september for the twitching. Bfs. Only med problem is bfs, health anxiety, afib
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No mri. Neuro said not necessary. Ive hhad the twitching for 10 months now. No weakness
Expert:  khagihara replied 1 year ago.

When did you start the medication? Does the twitching cause cramps and stiffness?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Meds started a 10 months ago. No cramps. No stiffness. Just twitches in different spots.
Expert:  khagihara replied 1 year ago.

If you have brain tumor, you should have constant headaches. You don't seem to have it because you haven't had them today. Do you have the following symptoms?

1. Conjunctival injection and/or lacrimation

2. Nasal congestion and/or rhinorrhea

3. Eyelid edema

4. Forehead and facial sweating

5. Forehead and facial flushing

6. Sensation of fullness in the ear

7. Miosis and/or ptosis

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I dont know what half those things are...lol. but no to those i recognize. So what is your opinion on the bfs? I had it bad 10 months ago, of course i was stressed out about it a lot. After 5 months i started to stop thinking about it and it subsided a lot...now it is back
Expert:  khagihara replied 1 year ago.

BFS doesn't cause headaches. You could have primary stabbing headache. It may respond to melatonin (3 to 12 mg daily) and indomethacin (75 to 150 mg daily). You could have BFS as well. You should try some medications such as beta-blockers, magnesium, or anti-epileptic medications.