Dr. Bob
Dr. Bob, Neurologist (MD)
Experience:  Neurology & Int Medicine (US Trained): 20 yrs experience
61817858

I t my head on the trunk of my car. Have a small bump.

Customer Question

I hit my head on the trunk of my car. Have a small bump. Family wants me to go to ER. I think ice and just pay attention is I have and symptoms first.
JA: The Neurologist will need to help you with this. Please give me a bit more information, so the Neurologist can help you best.
Customer: The trunk door came down on my head. I have a small bump ontop of my head. It hurt at first, but does not now. I did not have to take Tylenol.
JA: Is there anything else the Neurologist should be aware of?
Customer: No.. I am not dizzy, eye sight not blurry, etc.
JA: Our top Neurologist is ready to take your case. Just pay the $5 fully refundable deposit and I'll fill the Neurologist in on everything we've discussed. You can go back and forth with the Neurologist until you're 100% satisfied. We guarantee it.
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr. Bob replied 1 year ago.

Hi there. Sorry to hear about your injury. Did you lose consciousness, even briefly, after being struck in the head?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No. It hurt but not bad enough for pain medicine. Minor discomfort. But also have do us infection. Do not need to take pain medication. Nothing blurry, etc
Expert:  Dr. Bob replied 1 year ago.

Did the injury cause a laceration or bleeding of the scalp?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No. No blood. My family is bugging me to bugging me to go to er. But I think I'm fine. Sitting here watching Tv and I just walked the dog.
Expert:  Dr. Bob replied 1 year ago.

The skull is relatively thick in the back of the head and designed to absorb most everyday blows. When a force is excessive, the scalp typically splits and bleeds and/or a person loses consciousness. In the absence of these things, or severe headache or dizziness, it is less likely that you have an emergency condition.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. It was actually on the front of my head.
Expert:  Dr. Bob replied 1 year ago.

You would want to be evaluated right away if you developed headache, dizziness, visual changes, confusion, nausea or just felt really poorly. Otherwise you could monitor yourself (and have your family watch you as well) and go in if things worsen.

Expert:  Dr. Bob replied 1 year ago.

The front is also pretty thick. It and the back are the thickest parts.