Dr Chaithanya
Dr Chaithanya, General Physician, Medical Researcher, All medical and health questions answered.
Experience:  General Physician, Family medicine, Internal medicine, all age groups.
88123236

I feel like a light headache on the right side of my head,

Customer Question

I feel like a light headache on the right side of my head , in a small area just over my ear . There is almost no pain but it feels like someone is pulling my hair , its been 2 days now , thx
Category: Neurology
Expert:  Dr. Frank replied 8 months ago.

Hello. Welcome to JA. Do you have any medical illnesses, other conditions? Sinus problems, runny nose? Are you under a lot of stress? The hair pulling sensation comes from contaction of the scalp muscle (temporalis superficialis), and is seen in tension type headache. Do you drink caffeine to excess? or any stimulants? Get back to me to discuss this further, oh, did you try advil/aleve with a response? Dr Frank

Expert:  Dr Chaithanya replied 8 months ago.

Hello Rudy,

I'm Dr Chaithanya, experienced Physician attending you.

Now that you are having headache in the temporal region, and you are having it from only 2 days, the first thing to rule out is tension headache, which can be treated by a tablet of tylenol, good sleep and rest.

Second thing, migraine, a very common cause, again tylenol or I buprofen taken twice a day, being in a calm place with not too much of light will do.

Only if headache is severe and continues for a week or gets very untolerable then go to ER, as few diseases like meningitis, temporal arteritis, trigeminal neuralgia can cause temporal headache[not to worrry, this is rare]

Now, take tylenol or Ibuprofen, good sleep, rest, less light and a coffee will do.

Please feel free to ask if any further questions. If done for now, please leave a positive rating

[Request to click on the 5th star] above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today.

We only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback.

You can always reach me with "For Dr. Chaithanya only" in the medical or health categories.

Below link is the fastest way to reach me,

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-chaithanya/

A little bonus from your side is welcome and highly appreciated!

Thanks for using JustAnswer.com