khagihara
khagihara, Doctor
Experience:  Trained in the multiple medical fields for many years.
20084961

I had arthroscopic surgery on my left knee on 2/24 after a

Customer Question

I had arthroscopic surgery on my left knee on 2/24 after a fall at work on 11/5/15. MRI in Dec after which Ortho told me that I had a bone bruise & a strained ligament. Unable to do PT due to the sensitivity. Finally after limping for approx. 4 months with moderate-severe pain in both knees with swelling especially in opposite leg, he did surgery. That leg- the left one is doing better &I started PT yesterday. Now the right leg s in severe pain & unable to get comfortable in any position, esp to sleep. The MD just keeps saying it will get better as the left leg starts working better. My other concern is that the PT person gave me a copy of my MRI which included bone bruise plusthe medialpatellofemoral, 3 sprained/ partial teats of meduial collateral, & a nondisplaced oblique tear posterior horn of the medial meniscus. He had also told me there was no arthritis, but MRI says moderate changes of osteoarthritisinvolving all 3 compartmewnts with joint effeusion & popliteal cyst development measuring 3cm by 1.5 cm in diameter.
I need to know if I need to push to get right knee checked before more possible damage & should my MD have moved sooner than 4 months after my Nov fall & MRI results in Dec???????
Category: Neurology
Expert:  khagihara replied 9 months ago.

The right leg could be used inappropriately to protect the left leg. However, you should see your doctor to have exam and imaging studies if necessary before your next appointment.